Creatures Docking Station + Creatures 3 Linux
Creatures Docking Station on a 64 bit Linux Mint (17.1). Sound issue hasn’t been solved yet.
- From GTK, install the common:all deb. Copy
libglib1.2ldbl_1.2.10-19build1_i386.debto a directory, open up a terminal from that directory, and type:
dpkg -x libglib1.2ldbl_1.2.10-19build1_i386.deb .
dpkg -x libgtk1.2_1.2.10-18.1build2_i386.deb .
/usr/libdirectory to your
/usr/lib32directory, which you can newly create if you have to.
- Run the Linux Docking Station installer, with all the caveats mentioned elsewhere.
- Install Creatures Exodus from GOG through Wine.
- Create a symbolic link from
/usr/local/games/creatures3/to the Creatures 3 directory from GOG. The installation can give errors, but the game booted up afterwards just fine.
- Make sure all file names in
/usr/local/games/dockingstation/Imagesare fully lowercase.
- Run it with
dockingstation nocheck. You should be able to create docked worlds now.